PRODUCT STORYBack in the ‘80s, Ralph Sampson was a basketball legend. First pick of the NBA Draft in ’83, Rookie of the Year in ’84, he towered over the rest of the players and elevated the game to unprecedented heights. Signing Sampson took PUMA to the next level in the basketball world – and in return, we created a customized kick just for him. Enter: the PUMA Ralph Sampson. With a mid-height construction for ankle support and a lightweight design for speed and agility, it was tailored to Sampson’s needs on the court and stamped with his signature at the side.
Today, over 30 years later, PUMA is bringing back the OG silhouette in honor of a Hall of Famer whose legend still impacts the game today. This street-ready update adds a smooth suede material to the upper and camo prints at the tongue and heel for a fresh accent.
- Archive Ralph Sampson mid-top court silhouette
- Suede upper with camo printed tongue and heel panel
- Padded collar and tongue with fitted leather overlays around ankle
- Full lace closure with mid-rise lacing option
- Textured rubber sole provides traction and grip
- Contrast PUMA Formstrip overlay on lateral side
- Hand-written effect Ralph Sampson signature at ankle
- Woven PUMA label at tongue
- PUMA Logo No.2 at lateral side